100 Park Lane
100 Park Lane
For the London residence of a foreign diplomat, we were tasked with providing some very special and purpose-made ironmongery to suit many challenges the building presented us with. The overall brief called for hand-made, gold plated door furniture mainly from a factory in France, for the front of house areas, with a complimentary style handle in satin brass and stainless steel for the back-of-house, staff areas, and mews. Complimentary items were sourced from our usual suppliers. The hinges had special decorative finials (from France) attached to them in our UK manufacturer’s factory involving the special adaption of the hinge knuckle to accept the finial pin. These were then gold plated to match the finish of the furniture.
The locks needed to overcome varying requirements due to the intricate door detailing. We produced these in 60, 80 and 100mm backsets (in all the finishes), as well as then for a few special mirror-clad doors where the locks had to have different backsets for each side of the door. On top of this, the client required the keys to project from each door face by exactly the same amount. Given the differing door thicknesses and lock positions within these, this was achieved via a site survey of every door and then the keys individually produced to suit with a special, client chosen key bow attached to each. As well as the door ironmongery, we also supplied ancillary products for the shower areas, windows and shutters for the windows.
- Hand-made gold plated door levers and knobs • Intricate detailed rose and escutcheons to suit
- Gold-plated hinges, locks, and closers
- Concealed jamb-mounted door closers
- Purpose-made shower door handles in the gold finish
- Special shower gulleys in the gold finish
- Existing and original feature espagnolette bolts refurbished and repaired with new replacement parts reproduced where necessary from original castings
- Existing and original shutter bars refurbished and repaired where applicable and new ones produced to match the existing
- All sash and casement window fasteners, locking and non-locking, as well as restrictors, pulleys and catches produced in sympathetic styling and finishes.