Great Scotland Yard Hotel
Great Scotland Yard Hotel, London
This former Scotland Yard Police HQ and Ministry of Defence building are located in Westminister, London. Transformed into a luxury hotel in December 2019, the Great Scotland Yard Hotel is a 5-star establishment adorned with some of the sectors’ most intricate and bespoke ironmongery.
Key features of the ironmongery design include:
- a hexagonal-shaped lever handle to the ground floor public areas
- a colonial-style lever to the bedroom areas.
- decorative ‘Elephant Head’ design pull handles
- bespoke shaped lever handle backplates to compliment detailing on door paneling
- bespoke-centered lock cases to suit
- differing sized concealed hinges to suit the door construction and weights
- ‘power transfer’ hinges for access control solenoid locks within the doors
- bespoke ‘bent’ key shape hooks to ensuite doors
- sliding and swinging door automation
- covered euro escutcheons to riser door cylinder locks
- automatic acoustic drop-down seals to bedroom entrances
- skirting and corridor wall corner guards
- electronic RFID locker locks to the gymnasium area
- bar foot rail and brackets
- elephant shaped hooks
- monogram ‘glass’ doorknobs with Great Scotland Yard logo
- sliding pocket door gear, including to suit single panel over 3m wide and 2.5m tall
This Grade II listed Edwardian building is a delightful example of how architectural ironmongers can enhance even the most complex hotel renovation projects. You can read more about this project here.
Decorative Hallway Lighting
Elephant Head pull handle