We were honoured and delighted to have worked with Garden & Godfrey Architects and Buxton Building Contractors Ltd on the refurbishment of the Crypt, Library and the installation of new disabled facilities at Rochester Cathedral.
The £4-Million Heritage Lottery Funded scheme also included a permanent exhibition space in the older part of the Crypt which dated back to the Norman times circa 1080. The investment was designed to improve visits to Rochester Cathedral by delivering a good experience for all visitors ultimately driving more bookings to the site.
The project included the specification and manufacture of a variety of bespoke items in Bronze and included the repair and refurbishment of existing Ironmongery.
Given the unique nature of this project, we were asked by the architects Garden & Godfrey to produce a specification that would include not only the bespoke Bronze ironmongery required to be manufactured but to also include for the refurbishment on many of the existing items that were to be retained.
- Bespoke Pull handles to match existing Ironmongery including the main handles to the entrance.
- Floor springs to work in conjunction with bespoke hinged doors
- Bespoke lever handles and Knobs to work with existing locks & latches.
- Bespoke Bronze Grab rails for bespoke built seating areas
- Concealed door closers
- Bronze finished Projection Hinges
- Bespoke Locks