Location: Hyde Park, London
This project is a luxurious residential development in one of London’s most prestigious areas, known as Billionaires Row, overlooking Hyde Park. The Lancasters, which is Grade II listed, was originally built in the 1850’s as a terrace of houses.
Redevelopment was completed in 2011, the Lancasters now comprises 77 flats and 2 town houses with their own entrances spread over 7 floors.
Architect: Nilsson Architects
- All lever handle / backplates are to a bespoke Art Deco design for this project including concealed fixings
- Bespoke design centre door knobs, secret fix Bespoke design pull handles on backplates
- Bespoke design entrance door number / bell push plates
- Bespoke design cyclinder turns to match the door furniture theme
- Concealed hinges in conjunction with secret bi-folding doors used to conceal riser doors in common stair lobby areas
- Access control system was applied to the shared entrance doors
- Fully automated door opening system to the main concierge entrance
- Bespoke design French window handles operating multi-point locks
Items were manufactured specifically to suit the varying door thickness used throughout the scheme where they were unusually varied due to the nature of the doors and their design.